Another Canyon Lake Swimbait Pig 1-18-15 (Pics)

YELOSUB

My buddy JD and I decided to hit Canyon lake today, it's been awhile since we have fished together...This was my 2nd trip of the year and I wanted to see how I would follow up my first trip of the year where I caught the DD and one just shy of 9#...

JD and I arrived at the lake a little after 7am and started fishing swimbaits right away...Within 5 minutes I had my first fish hit me right at the boat but I swung and missed it, it was 5-6#...

We continue throwing swimbaits and I finally boat our first fish in the marina area on a Hudd and boy was it a good one...If the damn thing would have just eaten a trout or two I could have had my 2nd DD in as many trips...As it turns it I boated a beautiful 8 lb 10 oz pig...This fish had some of the best colors I have seen in awhile...She also had a mean set of chompers...

For the record, this day was windy like the day I caught my big fish...It blew most of the day, whitecaps, killing JD's trolling motor battery by early afternoon...JD is in need of some new batteries in a bad way...

We basically had to play the wind to fish the remainder of the afternoon and we left a little earlier then we wanted to but that was ok...JD was sore from throwing the big baits and I was working on a little over an hour of sleep...

Here are the pics of the catch of the day:

post-5485-14253012356579_thumb.jpg

post-5485-14253012361826_thumb.jpg

post-5485-14253012366301_thumb.jpg

post-5485-14253012370635_thumb.jpg