New Huddleston rods

Big-bait-J99

I bought the Hudd Rod during black Friday, sweet deal. I used it for the first time over the weekend. Threw the 8" rof 5 top hook with it. I'll talk about the bait first, it sinks slower than the old rof 5, which can be good in a way. I would have rather it sank like a true 5 cause I found myself reeling it about a foot under the surface too often.

Anyway, the rod felt great. It has a little stiffer tip than my tried and true Okuma 7'6 H, but I like the rod a lot. It has spiral guides to the right, haven't had any issues with them. Overall I'm pleased.

Can anyone explain the spiral guide thing to me?

A spiral wrapped rod is a casting rod who's guides start out on top of the blank and then rotate around the rod leaving the final guides and tip under the blank. This guide placement reduces torque allowing you to fight larger fish on lighter tackle with less fatigue.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=spiral+rod+guides

A spiral wrapped rod is a casting rod who's guides start out on top of the blank and then rotate around the rod leaving the final guides and tip under the blank. This guide placement reduces torque allowing you to fight larger fish on lighter tackle with less fatigue.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=spiral+rod+guides

Thanks for the goggle link, Dumbass. I was asking a serious question.

I don't need the encyclopedia answer, Im asking someone that knows what they are talking about to explain to me the advantages of the spiral wrap. Serious question!!!

Some positives:

Torque when fighting a fish is non-existent, less guides as the spiral wrapping will keep line off the rod

Con's: can't think if any honestly. Only thing I can think of is getting odd looks, but then again, big bait slingers her weird looks anyways lol

Can't go wrong with the spiral

Colby and Don have one. They both seem to like it. Colby said he would provide a further review after fishing it for awhile. Don is no longer on the forum but he has said he loves the rod

Don left the forum?

He took his ball and went home.

:lol::lol:

It used a lot.in salt... the spiral wrap let's you control a fight a lot easier with little to no rod roll..... especially when using the heavy gear.... some people like it some don't... WHEN DONE RIGHT, casting is also a lot easier with less line slap.... emphasizing if done right....