dallas fishing

ColemanTaylor

....Ever caught any smallies on swimbaits in Grapevine?

Negative. I am surprised that I haven't too.

If your after them your best bets in the DFW area are:

1) Texoma

2) Eagle Mtn (My Fav for Smallies)

3) Bridgeport.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy cow, didn't realize there were so many swimbaiters in DFW on here. I just moved into my house off white rock lake, been crushing below the dam. Who would've figured?! Cops were even cool with me hoping the fence. Lets organize something and all fish somewhere in early march??

I wpulda never guessed there where this many around me :shock:

Holy cow, didn't realize there were so many swimbaiters in DFW on here. I just moved into my house off white rock lake, been crushing below the dam. Who would've figured?! Cops were even cool with me hoping the fence. Lets organize something and all fish somewhere in early march??

I wpulda never guessed there where this many around me :shock:

I wonder which one of you has been taking all my swimbait fish! :D:lol::lol::lol:

JT Larkin and I tried to have a Texas SU style swimbaits only tournament in March 2012. We got a lot of "yeah, I'll be there's", reserved a really cool place on Hubbard Creek (back when it still had water), smoked a pig, had a boatload of breakfast tacos.....and only one dude, Mike Disbrow showed up. And Mike drove up from Austin.

I won the prize of the bag o-Tacos.

If you guys are serious about getting together I'm game. I'd just advise that you don't put much effort into it.

• 1 month later...

I've been fishing 3x weekly out here since I moved from San Diego a year ago. People who've seen me Chuck the big baits looked at me like I'm from another planet. I am glad to know I'm not alone out here in the Lonestar State. Still a swimbait noob and I know I have a ton to learn. Just watching guys get bit on YouTube I see I'm reeling at light speed. Let's get something going. I'm in Mid Cities area of anyone wants to hook up for beers and bass.

• 1 year later...