catfish 175

thastickybandit

Not sure if this belongs here or in the underground section. But a few months ago I was talking with Jesse "oh ok" about what my local area stocks and what not. Well that being said catfish are everywhere here and are stocked throughout the year. I know there are not many catfish lures other then the mattlures cat and I believe I have seen another brand online thay offered a bullhead. So Jesse encouraged me to think out the box a little. So I took my slide swimmer 175 in wild carp and made whiskers for it. The whiskers are 100lb mono from a musky leader. I plan on painting them tomorrow and gluing them in place. I'm hoping it won't mess with glide too much.

post-3625-14253013830454_thumb.jpg

post-3625-14253013832508_thumb.jpg

post-3625-14253013834271_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

finally got to test it out. I did try it two weeks ago but I didn't have the whiskers glued down good enough. So I fixed the whiskers and gave it a try today and it swims the same. The only problem is that whiskers do collect grass just like your trebles would. I think of this starts catching fishing I may experiment with a 250.

• 2 weeks later...