new deps250

alexgee

Anyone get a chance to fish the new ss250? If so how does the action compare to the og? Someone told me they come up fast to top water and start to wake? Not sure if I should pull the trigger on one of these just yet...

I took mine out yesterday it seems to be lighter and sink slower. I wasn't letting it sink down that long. When I retireved the bat it was running about a foot under the surface but not waking. It swims and turns nicley at differnt speeds.

I got a Japanese color a couple weeks ago and fished it for a day. It is lighter and sinks slower. On the retrieve mine would rise to the surface no matter how slow or fast I reeled and a lot of the times would make a wake on the surface and I couldn't keep the bait down. I felt like it helicoptered more on casts but it could be I just needed to fish it more to get the feel for it. It glides really wide, maybe wider than the originals and like the original you can fish it at any speed.

I Fished mine this weekend and first impression is the OG's are better.

The new ones sink real slow and when fishing they do come up real easy.

IT does glide really well. I was fishing it on 25# mono.

I switched to 20# mono and it didn't seem to rise up as easy but 20 can be kinda sketch to me.

Am I wrong, but I thought I heard that the new 250s had a way of altering their glide? I hope this doesnt turn into that these are just running to shallow out of the box

I know I read that you can alter the width of the glide by adjusting the joint.....not sure if ROF is adjustable with a stock mechanism or if you need to just tune it like the OG. 

Am I wrong, but I thought I heard that the new 250s had a way of altering their glide? I hope this doesnt turn into that these are just running to shallow out of the box

I want to say that you are able to back the screws out in the joint, creating greater space and increasing the glide.

I've yet to hold one or talk to anyone specifically about it since they've been released though.