If you had to choose one ? pats Or slammer

IndyBassFishing

lol I say both because i feel they both have their time and place u go to one lake slammer gets crushed I go to another lake (main lake I fish on) and I don't even take them and the pats kills it there. So I'd get a slammer and if u ever come across a pats bait get it

thanks for your opinion and explanation of why both. Exactly what I was looking for! thanks Rylee

I have limited experience with the pats but the 9" slammer single joint is a workhorse for a lot of guys on here across the nation. One thing about the slammer all of them are wood and because of different densities some wake better some crank better so don't be afraid to get a couple over time.

Thanks for the good description of the slammer and the difference in buoyancy with each individual bait. I will take the advice and purchase more than one for sure. thank you

I have a lot of both in many different styles so I have some experience with just about everything both guys make/made. Pretty simple answer, get some slammers and fish the hell out of them. When/if a pats becomes available, pounce on it, and then you can decide on your own. What I do or fisherman X does is nice for reference but only you will know which bait(s) feel right for you in any given situation.

I have a lot of both in many different styles so I have some experience with just about everything both guys make/made. Pretty simple answer, get some slammers and fish the hell out of them. When/if a pats becomes available, pounce on it, and then you can decide on your own. What I do or fisherman X does is nice for reference but only you will know which bait(s) feel right for you in any given situation.

Good advice. Thanks for your feedback and input. So then pats are not in production or made anymore and hard to locate?

Good advice. Thanks for your feedback and input. So then pats are not in production or made anymore and hard to locate?

There is a whole thread about the Pats. They are only available direct from the source or used-nether of which happens easily

Thanks for the good description of the slammer and the difference in buoyancy with each individual bait. I will take the advice and purchase more than one for sure. thank you

Clint is correct. If you can try to get an older 9" slammer. There where a little thicker and have a different swim.

The pats are definitely still being made and well worth trying to get. Pat is a member here and you can message him and ask for baits. His user name is pats. I have a bunch and they are all unique in their own way so if you get a chance to get more than one, do it!

He only makes 6-12 baits at a time. He gets the pieces to the size and shape he likes, assembles them, paints them, and then tunes them. He hasn't had open water for around a month so he can't tune them. There has been a lot of guys that have received baits outside of NE but the demand is high. Like Speed stated, you won't know unless you try.

I am guilty and sorry for not replying to people but I have so many guys wanting baits I just can't promise everybody when they will get one. I do save all PM's and will try to take care of SU guys when I can :-P

I'm stoked that Mr.Pat himself replied! Thank you sir. I would love to acquire just one of your legendary baits someday. I started this thread never expecting such a huge response. Just a new swimbait enthusiast excited to learn and experiment with the great baits being manufactured behind the scene. SU Is too cool. Never new what I was missing.