After dark suprise

Jace D

Collin and I went out after work for a little evening trip. Collin caught a pretty good one early but it got real slow after that. We decided to just troll around and fan cast off the edges of flats and shallow points looking for big females staging before moving up to the beds. After about 2 hrs of no bites and a bunch of jokes and laughing going on in the boat the last thing I expected was to feel a good bite. But sure enough, WHAM! I set the hook and Collin asked (as he always does) "big one?" It was dark and I couldn't see anything so I said "uhh...I don't know". I honestly thought it might be about 3 lbs. Collin netted it and I could see an outline in the dark and I thought maybe it was a 5. Collin said "Dude, that's a good one". We finally got a light on it and we both kinda just stood there in shock. It wasn't a DD or anything but it was way bigger than we expected. It went 8-10. It ended up being a pretty fun night!post-18520-0-29355000-1426660259_thumb.jpg

Collin's 6-8post-18520-0-16784700-1426660312_thumb.jpg

You fellas know how to take pictures! hahah

Oh ya bud, we're like the long arm experts! LOL!

I don't have a problem with a guy trying to get a good picture of a fish just so long as he doesn't lie about his weights! We definitely try to make the fish look good for the picture but there are guys out there who are pretty good at adding a pound or two to their actual weight!