finally a decent one on the Mother

thedonnguyen

finally managed a decent one on the mother today...threw the alumi and the perch for about 3 hours this morning. got hit a couple times and missed, as has been the case for a couple months now. seems Grady and I are having the same issues when it comes to fishing the mother. 

Anyways...noticed that the feathers were coming off my hook, so i pulled em off, made one last cast and she smashed it, went for the tullies, so i pulled her away from them and towards open water. thought i for sure had a DD but she went 9-7. can't be upset cause she's a PB anyways.

post-21330-0-27513400-1427057284_thumb.jpg

Congrats Don! Such a relief it must've been! Happy for you man, beautiful fish.

It's funny to think that people on the east coast (including myself) worry about using trout-colored baits in trout colored waters and you're over there catching lunkers on east coast colors hahah thanks for the contrast

Congrats Don! Such a relief it must've been! Happy for you man, beautiful fish.

It's funny to think that people on the east coast (including myself) worry about using trout-colored baits in trout colored waters and you're over there catching lunkers on east coast colors hahah thanks for the contrast

Funny, cause when I got it, someone said "do you even have perch where you live?"