Hudd 8" rof 0 wont float

swimbait

I had a ROF 5 that I made it into a ROF 2 by exposing the whole harness system and sanding the lead on the sides. I thin it to about half the size of the original lead. I believe this would be better in distributing the weight. Cutting the lead might make your bait head heavy. You might like it that way but I don't.

It's a little harder though and I recommend wearing a mask. Lead dust is not good for you.

so i cut about a 2inch cut along the belly and took out all the lead i could see, and glued it back up and it will float now, but the tail sometimes doesnt want to wag like it should, but i like it for a deadstick bait and i think just its presence should bring strikes

Remember this though, foam is not lighter than air so if you put foam in air pockets it won't increase the buoyancy. Either find a place where the foam will displace a heavier material (up top not down low) or remove some lead. I would remove the lead personally.

The old ROF 0's did float so you should prompt Ken to get you one that floats....thats the actual best solution.

JK