316 Rising Son

scoopdaloop

Color doesn't seem to matter a lot at night. If it's fairly light out (moon or lights) I like natural colors. If it's pitch black, I use a sisssy. I know that sounds odd but it works for me.

For the weedless is 316 just using a huge EWG hook? 

Ya I know colors don't matter much, I always stick to black, white and a natural presentation. That sissy sure is sexy though  :ugeek:

Ok I got them, surprised myself by ordering more than I remembered.  Two 8" and two 6.5". Got one top hook and one bottom in both sizes. Checked around, what is the ROF of these? From my searching I see people adding nail weights so I assume it has to be around ROF 1-3? 

Appreciate the info!

TopR how's the hook up ratio on the weedless Rising son

I've been surprised at how good the hook-up ratio has been on the weedless version so far. One thing that helps a LOT with the weedless version is to keep the rod tip pointed right at the bait when you retrieve it, so the fish loads up on just the line, not the rod. 

Edited by Top Ramen

I've caught fish on mine but the tails always get bent pretty quickl. If yall are keeping them as long as you claim then you must be doing something different. How are you storring them?

I've caught fish on mine but the tails always get bent pretty quickl. If yall are keeping them as long as you claim then you must be doing something different. How are you storring them?

Mine hang vertically in the fishing closet when they're not in a tackle box ready for use.  I try to store all of my baits that way.  It also help me build the excitement when I'm getting ready to go fishing - I stand in front of the closet with one or two empty boxes and try to figure out which lures to take off their hangers.   :-P

Edited by FishDr

Keep them in the box they come in.  Lay it out on its back to dry out when you get home, and put it back in the package for storage.  Just the easiest way for me.  Hell I just stab the hook in one of the foam blocks in each package too so it's always there.  Grab a couple baits you want, and go.

They will straighten out if you boil them.

At home, I store them flat on their backs.

post-18711-0-74425100-1427829216_thumb.jpg

The package the come in is a great option for storage, i have noticed the tail will get a lil crooked from them though. So i boiled mine straight and then usually hang them or flat back... Grab whatever ones i want and pop in the factory case for the trip.

And you cant go wrong with sissy either...you wont be sorry. I'm defineitly goin to try the weedless setup

What nail weights are you guys inserting to get a higher rof? My bottom hook 8" is a slowwww sink. Going to be out of town till Wednesday so was hoping to order some on TW. Caught a fish on the 6th cast. Slow rolling in 2 fow and choked it. Seems as though I finally found something to replace the trusty 5.8" keitech!

Thanks!