Deps 250 OG + Okuma GS

timcauliffe

I recently acquired a Deps 250 OG through another member here in trade for some design work. Haven't had a chance to throw it yet, but plan to this weekend.

Would anyone recommend throwing this on a 7'11 Okuma GS Heavy (rated 1-6oz)?

The 250 is 7oz...not sure if I would be pushing my limits here or if it's worth throwing it in risk on "not allowed" up the rod...

Look into the Okuma Shadow 8' 1 to 4 ounce, love it for 250's. The rating has something to do with saltwater. The rod was recommended to me for the 250's and I really enjoy it. I use this rod for baits 4 ounces and up. My Okuma GS XH was underpowered IMO and always felt I was running the risk of over loading the rod and casting off. The Okuma Shadow Stalker loads up very well on smaller fish also.

Edited by David Cindrich

All day long today.  Cardiff 400, new 250 on a Okuma GS Heavy, 25 cxx. Its a used rod and reel I bough off of the black market. I was throwing it on a damiki dark angel rated for 2-10oz before. It felt grossly underpowered for the deps and I like a longer handle. Bottom line if its what you got it will work. For me personally it loads the rod the way I like. To each his own, if you can try before you buy.