WARNING: DO NOT Adjust hinge on the new 250s

thedonnguyen

Hey guys...something was brought to my attention and I should have taken a closer look, but apparently they changed the hardware used for the hinge on the new 250 between the announcement and actual production. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO ADJUST THE HINGES.

post-21330-0-02907100-1428985365_thumb.jpg

I want to sincerely apologize for potentially damaging baits. I feel really bad and hope no one ruined their baits

That is the type of connection the 175's were suppose to have and the 250's were suppose to be adjustable. They should have announced they decided to use different pins and I would hope they would replace any damaged baits that people tried to adjust.

Maybe it's just me but what is the issue or potential issue?

I don't have one in my hands to really look at right now.

Basically can't adjust the pins to widen/tighten the glide. The pins appear to be molded into the plastic. The main pin seems to have loop at each end. Adjusting the looping pin 180 degrees (to line up with the pin insert) to widen the glide will cause the loop at the other end to potentially break/bend the pin or damaging the mold. That is how I understand it. Hope it makes sense. 

Edited by reelfish

Basically can't adjust the pins to widen/tighten the glide. The pins appear to be molded into the plastic. The main pin seems to have loop at each end. Adjusting the looping pin 180 degrees (to line up with the pin insert) to widen the glide will cause the loop at the other end to potentially break/bend the pin or damaging the mold. That is how I understand it. Hope it makes sense. 

If that is the case, then they should also label the pins (which are for sale on their website) as OG style only.  Some may try to shove that into a new style bait.