faster ROF on the s waver 200?

HopscotchMan

any tips on getting a s waver 200 to sink faster? I tried doubling up split the rings on it with little success. I don't know what else to try that wont effect the glide. I used the search tool with little success. any help is appreciated!

Suspend strips or suspendots added to the bottom. I know they come off quite easy but can work for a little while and readily available. Can also beef up hooks for some added weight, will have bigger impact than adding split rings. You can also buy lead tape/golf tape and add to the bottom, i believe this sticks alot better than suspendstrips or suspendots

I have read but never tried this but some people will use it on a Carolina rig. The extra weight will get the bait down but not affect the action since it's not added to the bait. Also this way if you stop reeling the bait will swim down instead of sinking horizontally.

After I misjudged a cast, I have one that developed a crack on the top seam. I believe a little bit of water can get in, so, I've been using this one for deeper water. Not that you should be casting away from the water......maybe a little drilled hole in the front section ?

After I misjudged a cast, I have one that developed a crack on the top seam. I believe a little bit of water can get in, so, I've been using this one for deeper water. Not that you should be casting away from the water......maybe a little drilled hole in the front section ?

You should contact River2Sea and let them know - they may be able to replace it for you

Some folks I know in Japan will drill a small hole in the front section of the body on another injected glide bait and allow water to get inside. According to them it helps with getting the bait down and suspending when the bait glides out to one side. I have personally never tried it but do know that it is being done and catchin em.  

I'm pretty sure New England striper fishermen have been modifying Bomber minnows by "loading" them for at least 40 years. You do this by drilling a very small hole in the top of the bait and using a hypodermic to inject some oil or water to weight the bait down. This was done to both increase casting distance and get some additional running depth. If you want to try this you drill the hole, inject a little liquid and temporarily plug the hole with a piece of toothpick. Go to a lake or pool and test out the swim and keep gradually adding liquid until you get the action you want. Then use some epoxy to make a permanent seal.