i can see why yall dont use braid

bassturds

poalmar knot has never failed me with stright braid , one thing you have to understand when going stright braid is the knot will slip . What you need to do is a modified poalmar knot meaning before you start your knot go through what ever your tieing to once then start your poalmar knot , also it is key to make sure to really lock the knot down and leave just a little tag end ( just in case there is any slipping). . and for leader to braid I use a RP knot there is not a better knot for going through your guides but again you have to tie it right everytime . only time I tie a different knot for leader line is if im fishing lighter lines then 12lb test . For knots from leader to bait I use a San Diego jam knot for lines bigger then 17lbs if smaller just stright poalmar ( all though ive never had a problem with a poalmar knot) other then my own error .

hope this helps

What did the tag end of the braid look like?  And when you lost the lures on the cast, where did the line break?  If the end of the braid was frayed, then you might have a bad guide...

On the rare occasion when I use braid (jigs and frogs only, and never on swimbaits) I make sure to leave a tag end about an inch long and burn it with a lighter so it's creeps up the line and when it mushrooms I blow it out and let it cool. Now the tag end can't slip and pull through