line for hudds

bassturds

ive tried 40lbs braid! didnt have any break offs when casting but line kept digging in! so i tried 25 lbs trileen big game!  felt like the hook sets werent good due to the stretch! so i switched up to 20lbs braid! 3 break offs in a week! 

so im thinking of switching to 20 or 25lbs floro! 

Why are you fishing swimbaits on 20 pound braid? The least I've ever used swimbaits on is 50 pound, although I prefer 65 pound braid. You lose less baits than 20 pound braid. I use 20 pound braid as backing on my dropshot reels. The line I use most often for swimbaits is 20 pound senshi mono.

my buddy and i had a convo! i was using 40. hes like think of it! thats over kill for bass fishing! you dont need to use such heavy line for bass fishing!  

Well you probably wont be catching any 40lb fish (awesome if you are). By that logic, 10lb braid would be too much for a lot of guys. The weight of the bait adds a lot of stress to the line, which is only increased when hooking into something. So I use heavier line rather than risking my stuff. It's all preference but judging by the break offs you've been having, I'd say switch to something heavier

makes sense!  hes like you used 20lbs mono for swimbaits why not 20lbs braid! now i think about it!  biggest bait i used on it was hudds at 2 ounces. its coming off! im not listening to him anymore

my buddy and i had a convo! i was using 40. hes like think of it! thats over kill for bass fishing! you dont need to use such heavy line for bass fishing!  

Are your conversations so excited as your posting style? :lol:

Stick with the standards! Use 20lb CXX!!!  Catch lots of fish!!!

ive tried 40lbs braid! didnt have any break offs when casting but line kept digging in! so i tried 25 lbs trileen big game!  felt like the hook sets werent good due to the stretch! so i switched up to 20lbs braid! 3 break offs in a week! 

so im thinking of switching to 20 or 25lbs floro! 

Let's break this down a little too.

-You tried 40lb braid and it dug in, so your thought process led you to try 20lb braid. You're going the wrong way if you feel digging into the spool is a problem.

-25lb Big Game is plenty of line to set the hook appropriately on 6s and 68s. Honestly, it's probably too heavy.

-Dont get too caught up in internet chatter about fluoro having considerably less stretch than mono. IMO, it's not going to be appreciable as far as stretch goes. Visibility and abrasion, sure. Stretch? Can't sell me on that.

So, if it's not a terminal tackle issue, what is it?

Maybe the wrong rod? Maybe you need to eat your Wheaties? Maybe you need to change your hookset direction?

These are the things I would focus on. Since you're talking hooksets, at least you're getting bit. You've got that part going for you.

Oh....add ! to all those in the event of confusion. :lol:

Choose a line that works and see if that line will work for the structure or cover you are fishing and stick to it. I use one line Pline PF 25 or 30 lb and thats pretty much it on any size swimbaits.