Bass Pro Shops Crankin' stick

DaveM

I have a BPS gift card and the only thing I can see from them since there selection stinks for baits, is a rod. I was looking at the 7' 10" mag heavy cranking stick rated for 1-4ozs.

Do yo think this would work for larger treble style baits like the 168's and 200's, Slammer sand the Spro rat baits. I would think it would do ok for the bigger treble baits. What do you guys think before I pull the trigger? I have always heard good things about the BPS crankin rods for their price. 

You will be fine throwing the those baits on that rod. I wouldn't throw anything above 3oz on that rod though... 9" slammer at 2.4ish oz is the heaviest I'd go. The punker would work well too on that rod... it has a shorter handle which will help you walk better.

Sweet man! I have a BPS Bionic that has been a great rod. No problems. I only flip with it though. Enjoy that Jackall! Between those baits you can cover all areas of water pretty well. Maybe check out 316 Mission fish or Rising son for a soft plastic swimbait. Good luck.

I have a few other swimbaits now but slowly building my stock and getting addicted. Once I caught my PB of 10.5 last month on my S Waver 168 that's all it took.  8-)