Custom rods outside LDC.

scoopdaloop

Does anyone have a custom rod that isn't an LDC? 

I'm considering wrapping my own blank but before I do that I wanted to ask if anyone knew of other good custom swimbait rod builders. 

Pics and info appreciated!

Hunter

Hey Hunter, with you being a North Texas guy, there is a rod maker out of ATX-  "Fish Hazard Rods".

SeanM put me in contact with him, and I have been very happy with the two rods he made.

I build swimbait rods also... I think it's funny that the first thing that everybody thinks of when custom swimbait rods get mentioned is ldc hahaha. I have one that I have had for a long time and it's nice but it's just funny to me.

Hayden has made one rod already for me and another on the way soon!! I believe LDC uses the phenix m1 blank on some of the rods...Hayden could make that too...I'll post pics when both rods are here

Now he's starting to use his custom blanks I guess. He started doing this once he got his new shop opened

Hayden has made one rod already for me and another on the way soon!! I believe LDC uses the phenix m1 blank on some of the rods...Hayden could make that too...I'll post pics when both rods are here

So if I wanted this rod to mainly handle deps 250, 9" HPH gizzard.... maybe some heavy top water here and there.

What blank would y'all recommend? 

I did speak with VCBassfishing... his work looks solid. I just really have an itch to build a rod!

Edited by scoopdaloop

Hey Hunter, with you being a North Texas guy, there is a rod maker out of ATX-  "Fish Hazard Rods".

SeanM put me in contact with him, and I have been very happy with the two rods he made.

If that's Robert, he's great.

I just had Mr. Swimbo build me a Moam custom.  The whole build process was awesome.  Good price, good communication, and he was well ahead of his 12 week completion estimate.  It's in the mail now and I can't wait to use it before my season here in the northeast is over. 

post-18944-0-92089300-1445966844_thumb.jpg