Custom rods outside LDC.

scoopdaloop

I fished with Hayden (VCBassfishing) a few months back and he was fishing with one of his own builds and man thay thing was clean. Talented kid! He maybe young but he's way more mature than most of the people on here!

He built me two on phenix blanks...very very happy

+1 for Hayden (VCBassfishing), very cool guy. Fished with him a few times and he knows what he's doing when it comes to swimbaits and Swimbait sticks.

And of course +1 for MOAM 5150 Sticks

Just received my two custom rods, the Lunatic and Psycho, and they both far exceeded my expectation. Great service, fair price, and best of all got the rods faster than the quoted lead time.

post-21056-0-14660400-1455153855_thumb.jpeg

+1 for Hayden (VCBassfishing), very cool guy. Fished with him a few times and he knows what he's doing when it comes to swimbaits and Swimbait sticks.

And of course +1 for MOAM 5150 Sticks

Just received my two custom rods, the Lunatic and Psycho, and they both far exceeded my expectation. Great service, fair price, and best of all got the rods faster than the quoted lead time.

Brian next time we go we can match hahahaha... and thanks for the kind words guys.

post-22541-0-27641400-1455156289_thumb.jpg

Just received my ldc rod I ordered over a year ago, (even though i was guaranteed that it would take 6 to 8 weeks) that will be the last time I ever deal with ldc. I guess I should feel lucky that it "only" took alittle over year, after hearing other people waiting over a year and a half. Or maybe I should feel lucky I received it at all. Either way if you want to deal with a rod builder with integrity, good communication, no lieing and no run around, and can build a rod in a timely fashion check out moam sticks and Nelson customs rods. Both guys were great to work with. Why go through the hell of trying to get a custom rod(btw it was just a production model i orderered, not custom) through ldc when there are better options.

Edited by swole_t

Just received my ldc rod I ordered over a year ago, (even though i was guaranteed that it would take 6 to 8 weeks) that will be the last time I ever deal with ldc. I guess I should feel lucky that it "only" took alittle over year, after hearing other people waiting over a year and a half. Or maybe I should feel lucky I received it at all. Either way if you want to deal with a rod builder with integrity, good communication, no lieing and no run around, and can build a rod in a timely fashion check out moam sticks and Nelson customs rods. Both guys were great to work with. Why go through the hell of trying to get a custom rod(btw it was just a production model i orderered, not custom) through ldc when there are better options.

I've asked this and no one answered...is the production or custom rod you thought you were ordering 1-1.5 years ago the same technology?? I mean some manufacturers change from year to year...if you liked a specific style and feel and they didn't build it for a year and a half...Is it the same blank?? Or newer?? Does this question make sense?

It was a production rod I ordered. I beleive the rod I got is the older blank which is faster than the workshop model from what I understand. The blank seems faily fast. Not that it was ever specified by ldc. So I guess I'll never really know.

It was a production rod I ordered. I beleive the rod I got is the older blank which is faster than the workshop model from what I understand. The blank seems faily fast. Not that it was ever specified by ldc. So I guess I'll never really know.

Thanks...it's not the wait that ever discouraged me...it's this exactly...no one specified what you're getting and when it's a year later when they get to you it may be completely different...that's why I've chosen to go elsewhere...congrats on finally getting something tho