Melosh swimbaits

Fishaman20

Anyone use Melosh swimbaits? My friend was placing a preorder on the bluegill swimbait so I decided to order the golden shiner because it looked really good and looked like it swam pretty good on the video as well. From what I've seen, the detail on his baits are unbelievable.

I got a 6" shiner custom painted in a bloody herring color.  I am impressed.  The action is good and easy to play with at different speeds.  Swims well at all speeds for me, only time I get a blow out is if I accellerate it from a pause too fast.  It swims well fast, but you do have to take one or two cranks to accelerate it there.  I have had some good success on both largemouth and stripers in limited time I've been out since I got it a about a month ago. 

I have also the shiners (natural and gold) but never fished yet. The details and craftsmanship is really outstanding and impressive. The price tag is also very good. I am pretty sure it gets bit!!

Edited by BigBaiter

Thanks for the feedback guys! Looking forward to receiving the bait. I mostly throw a Deps175 and Swaver168 and get a lot of action mostly on the swaver, so I'm sure the shiner will be a good bait for the places I fish!

I like the looks of this stuff. They may be awesome, I'm not trying to crap on them but I have to ask though, regarding those wooden baits.......how does one justify the price tag of 350.00 for a bait. I understand the man hours that go into them but that just seems like an exorbitant amount of money for a swimbait. I haven't heard anything about these baits crushing fish so I'm curious.

I like the looks of this stuff. They may be awesome, I'm not trying to crap on them but I have to ask though, regarding those wooden baits.......how does one justify the price tag of 350.00 for a bait. I understand the man hours that go into them but that just seems like an exorbitant amount of money for a swimbait. I haven't heard anything about these baits crushing fish so I'm curious.

I have a bunch of MELoSH baits and more on the way. They straight up catch fish. Worth the money imo. It's not that different than spending $300 on a Hinkle. The craftsmanship is outstanding and Andrew will custom make anything you want.

Never held or fished a carved wood bait from him, but even if they slay them I'm not sure anything is worth $350 as purely a fish catching lure.  According to his site he is accomplished as a fish decoy carver.  Not as big a following as carved duck decoys, but still a field of collectibles with a good following.  The value of his work/time as artist/craftsman probably influences his carved baits prices.  

Never held or fished a carved wood bait from him, but even if they slay them I'm not sure anything is worth $350 as purely a fish catching lure.  According to his site he is accomplished as a fish decoy carver.  Not as big a following as carved duck decoys, but still a field of collectibles with a good following.  The value of his work/time as artist/craftsman probably influences his carved baits prices.  

You should own one before before making that judgment .