Mattlures dead twitch

ippon_bassin

You have to have patience to fish it correctly it might sit there for 5 minutes or maybe an hour before you get any action. I haven't fished it much but it's more of a follow up bait for me. If you get a huge fish to follow a bait but doesn't commit come back later and fish the DT. Stay as far back as you can possibly even drift into position and soak it you know she's there it's just a waiting game then.

• 8 years later...

Hi Guys,

The DT bait demands patience; it could take 5 minutes or an hour for a bite. Personally, I see it as a backup lure, perfect for tempting cautious followers. When a big fish hesitates, circle back later and work the DT. Stay distant, even drift to position, and let it soak. The waiting pays off when you know your prize is lingering nearby.

Love the dead twitch! It's my go-to bait for any spot that I know has a 5lb+ fish keyed in on trout. It works great as a dead stick bait and will catch fish just floating at the surface. A little current or wave action and it'll really come to life. To retrieve it give it a light pull (not a sharp twitch) and a little slack and the bait will rotate about 180 degrees. Let it settle out before giving it another light pull. You can get it moving a little more aggressively with sharp twitches or reel pops but you'll notice it tends to blow out or twist if you get going too fast. Usually though I just fish it super slow. The fish in my profile pic is my length PB and came on the dead twitch while drifting it like a dry fly through an irrigation canal. The bait swirls about in the eddies and current lines and looks just impeccable.