Thats not supposed to go there

Salty_Cak

What are some of your best self hook stories, or times when you hooked a buddy? Or anything else like this.

Here are a few of mine

The first one i did while pulling weeds off a crank bait and had tension on the rod and it snapped back to my face. The second one was while handling a jack crevalle and it got revenge.

post-22593-0-70992400-1434076498_thumb.jpg

post-22593-0-25903300-1434076532_thumb.jpg

Both had to be pushed through to cut the barb, trust me when i say that id take a hook to the hand over the nose anyday.

Edited by Salty_Cak

One time I was fishing a Hinkle shad with my buddies, and I went to cast and right as I went to release pressure off the spool I felt my rod load up, and I look back and BOOM hinkle shad right in my friends neck... Hahaha luckily the barb didn't penetrate though.

• 2 weeks later...

Recently out on the lake with my buddy he decided to come stand on the front deck with me. I left a bit too much line out and went to make a big overhand cast and the back treble hook caught his hat and pulled it clean off of his head. He didn't feel a thing!!

This happened boat flipping a 4lber i went to grab then line when the fish was in the boat and the trap come unpinned, shot straight back at me and stuck. after seeing the crank in the nose pic, I sure am happy it stuck in my hand.

This pic makes me a believer in Karma, my father did almost the exact same thing 1 year prior...

post-23615-0-31768900-1435204005_thumb.jpg

These things come in waves. Had a tiny pickeral thrash putting my vixen into my leg. Rattles were still working as I walked into er. My bud refused to leave ice fishing with salmo darter impaled in my hand a couple years ago. We tried the braid pull method. I could never do it to myself. Bud was disappointed it worked perfectly, lol. I am a whimp when this happens had to wait until moment was right etc. ..some docs think push through bad practice cuz it creates two holes.

Recently out on the lake with my buddy he decided to come stand on the front deck with me. I left a bit too much line out and went to make a big overhand cast and the back treble hook caught his hat and pulled it clean off of his head. He didn't feel a thing!!

Kinda what happened to me in a club toury years ago. Fishing in a members boat as a non-boater, he asked me to come on up front with him. BANG, crankbait imbedded in the back of my head. Finished the tournament looking like a Christmas tree....lucky there's not much for nerves back there.