Swim baiting the Glades

sfla

Was hoping to get a nice one the swim bait. Only caught one and a cichlid.Both small.

Was getting the S-waver dialed in and broke my new Okuma setting up on a fish wrapped up in pads.

Switched gears and caught a nice one 6-12 on a speed worm.Not a swimbait so not eligible for the tournament. Had my scale ready and everything!  Caught a huge mudfish on the spro rat and another one tore up my Hudd. Just need to make some adjustments to gear and figure out swimbaiting down here.Now to contact Okuma about that warranty.post-24424-0-83046600-1436042601_thumb.jpgpost-24424-0-90356600-1436042621_thumb.jpgpost-24424-0-93182800-1436042652_thumb.jpg 

post-24424-0-69165100-1436042665_thumb.jpg

broke my new Okuma setting up on a fish wrapped up in pads.

Go to the Okuma web site and request an RMA. If you have not registered the rod, do that first. If you can't remember where/when you bought it, just guess at the date and put Tackle Warehouse as the source.

Once they send you an RMA you just send them the portion of the rod that has the model number printed on it, so you can just use a padded envelope. IIRC, they also need a check for $20 to cover shipping but the instructions should come with the RMA number. Super easy and much better than 'warranties' that really just sell you a new rod at their cost.

Edited by Top Ramen

Thanks bro.I've read alot of good feedback on here for Okuma which is very reassuring . The Everglades is a fun fishery,tons of bass,gators,exotics,birds. Very lucky to live close to such an amazing spot.