smallies

JustinHill

I don't know what parker strip is but smallies in MO rivers seem to be big fans of little boogers rigged standard line through or with a Buckeye swimbait jig head

Parker strip is in Arizona part of the Colorado river, just south of Lake Havasu

7 inch Slammer, Cali Swim Jig with at least a 5 inch trailer, 6-7 inch soft baits(hudd 68, osprey, RP Alewife), and smaller glides have all worked well for me both day and night. I typically stay around 6 or 7 inches to match the shad in my area.

Have fun. That place is ripe with big smallmouth. The strip is arguably the best out west for smallies. I have never focused on swimbaits in there so I cant help you there.

Edited by chompot

Have fun. That place is ripe with big smallmouth. The strip is arguably the best out west for smallies. I have never focused on swimbaits in there so I cant help you there.

Theres some pigs by roadrunner that only eat left over bacon and eggs lol. I have a small slammer and some small rat baits im going to see what happens.

Haha never thought i could get too drunk to fish. But it happend.

We'd love to have you along on our next Massachusetts Cod,Haddock trip. We call guy's like you "Chummers". You don't have false teeth do you ? I've seen them go over the side of a charter boat a couple times...good luck out there & remember, there's always spring water.

4th of July weekend I did the opposite lol. Didn't plan on fishing that weekend but it's hard to keep away. I was up at a friends cabin on a trout stream. A group of us were sitting by the fire and around midnight you could hear trout start slurping the mayflies, stumbled to the house, grabbed a fly rod and started fishing. Fly casting in the pitch black was an interesting experience. No ralphing for me though haha

Edited by derds126