Unlocking the Mystery

wallyc

Hi guys, I'm sure alot of you have been driven crazy about this, but, before I cast my new Deps 175's I've got to ask a question. When a bass, or, GROUPS of bass "follow" some of these glides for great distances, is there a tecnique, or, secret twitch you guys do to make them commit ? Not only the Deps 250's & 175"s, but, I've had it happen with other glides like the S-Waver 200. Smallmouth will follow this lure like it's in a trance, only to turn away. I was recently talking to a couple members recently about them seeing "Groups" of Largemouth just swimming along behind their Deps 175 only to turn away at the boat. What is the secret you guys use to Unlock the Mystery....Thanks.

Sometimes that happens, a lot of times I do see those types of fish is calm windless days and sometimes they just won't bite, but trying different types of retrieves will sometimes work. All types of retrieves work on catching fish so trying different things is really the only thing you can do. I do wait on some spots to have a little wind before I make my first cast to give me a better chance at catching a big fish.

Check their body language to see if they are aggressive or just curious. If they are aggressive, try to turn the bait in a way that offers a clean head shot. If that doesn't work, change the cadence (speed it up or slow it down).