what was YOUR first swimbait?

GRANDE BASS

My first swimbait was the original Basstrix. I can't remember what size it was caught some good fish on that thing then I started fishing the stocker trout.

I can remember being out at Perris in the late 90's and seeing a guy stick a toad right under the patrol dock on one of those. I never did buy one though.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My first one was at the ISE Sacramento show, Hudd rof 5, it was when Ken was doing the special color runs for those shows and I got one regular trout, one of the "holdover" in 5. I still have the bait. Within a month of throwing it for the first time I had a new pb. My next bait was a Wake Jr in Blue Trout. I remember looking at it at the only Northern California Retailer that carried them. I finally pulled the trigger on it after getting a bonus check at work. First time out with it I caught a nice spot and just laughed while I reeled it in. I still have the Wake Jr, and it has a battle scar or two ;)

Im kind of thinking mine was a charlie from wallmart 5 or 6 years ago.

:lol: SAME, but from sport chalet! and Like 7 yrs ago, or 6 or 5, I dont rermebmber I was like 8 :lol: And I caught 1 fish on it too :lol:

I left mine in my back pack and took it to school. Got board and cut it in half on the band saw in shop class lol. I do rember that.