Rod of Choice

mbalko11

I really like my Irod Large Swimbait. Has a ton of backbone and heaves baits. Looks sick, and has a great warranty to boot. I've thrown as small as a 6" hudd and the rod still bombs it. I also like my Dobyns 806 for smaller baits from like 1-6 oz. Great rod for slammer, hudds, and 175.

+1 on the irod large swimbait, I love it, also have a custom built phenix on the way

Best rod's off the shelf in my opinion are Dobyns. i still use my 795 just sold my 867 rinda regret selling it but i promissed a buddy when my XH Ldc came in i would !!!..i have a H XH XXH Ldc and WOW if you can wait its the BEST!.dobyns are a Great waiting period rod.

phenix are great rods, i have the ultra swimbait classic and its awesome!  sensitve, looks great, but a little heavy.  i also have a gloomis imx and that rod is dope!  its small, very light, and sensitive.  when i first saw it i wasn't sure if that was the right rod cause it didn't look like it can handle big bass.  the rod works just fine, i throw 10 oz baits with no problem.  i would also up the test line if you're going to throw swimbaits, losing them are a heart breaker!  just my opinion.  good luck!