Gator?

JDHanson79

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I lived in Louisiana I was always more worried about the Water Moccasins than the Gators. Those bastards would pop up right infront of me all the time and just stare at me. Thats why I started using my broom stick and some 65lb braid to lob their heads off.

no doubt, i've had more than one run with those guys. They like to pop up in ponds when your catching fish from the bank and just look at you like theyre upset because your catching they're fish. I used to always bring a 12 gauge for just those occasions. ;)

snakes aren't going to hurt anyone nor gators. If they were that dangerous, people would be in trouble all the time. People just fear what they don't understand, no reason to go around killing them. And I'm a hunter, not a tree hugger...... Just no seance in needlessly killing animals in their habitat. Let them move out of your way and they will, or maybe just leave them be. Bees kill far more people every year than snakes and gators.

snakes aren't going to hurt anyone nor gators. If they were that dangerous, people would be in trouble all the time. People just fear what they don't understand, no reason to go around killing them. And I'm a hunter, not a tree hugger...... Just no seance in needlessly killing animals in their habitat. Let them move out of your way and they will, or maybe just leave them be. Bees kill far more people every year than snakes and gators.

You've obviously never had a run in with a Missouri Cottonmouth. They tend to be on the aggressive side, for some reason. I have never seen any snake behave the way these ones do. Thankfully, I have only ever had to kill one.

The ponds we fish are friends or families personal ponds that the moccasins get into and eat all the stocked fish. It's either the snake or the fish, i choose the snake. ;)

I worry about stuff like this because I have a 6 year old that loves to go fishing with me. I have been on the west coast for the past 11yrs and did not have to worry about it. Now I will just have to be far more alert when my kids are with me.