Gator?

JDHanson79

Please tell this Yankee from the north how one would go about grabbing a four-foot gator while he is in the water and you're in the boat? :lol: (I can't tell from the picture, do you still have all your fingers and toes?) ;)

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please tell this Yankee from the north how one would go about grabbing a four-foot gator while he is in the water and you're in the boat? :lol: (I can't tell from the picture, do you still have all your fingers and toes?) ;)

Ha, well if you look real close, theres a Spro Frog in his mouth. I didn't mean to catch him, I wasn't paying attention and he grabbed it. And with my Trusty frog rod "The Wonderboy:)" he didn't stand a chance. Once I got his head near the boat, you have to hurry and grab them by the back of the neck then quickly grab there tail. Of course that wouldnt work with, say a 8-12 footer ;)

I was fishing the Bassmasters Central Open on the Atchafayala Basin out of Morgan City, LA a little over a year ago and had a 7 footer come after my shell cracker ... MAN those things love frogs and wake baits. Being in a tournament and not wanting to ruin a shell cracker with the new bluegill color I quickly had to reel it back on several occasions. Same thing chasing bass at New Orleans city park Seminole Lake and Toledo Bend.

I was fishing the Bassmasters Central Open on the Atchafayala Basin out of Morgan City, LA a little over a year ago and had a 7 footer come after my shell cracker ... MAN those things love frogs and wake baits. Being in a tournament and not wanting to ruin a shell cracker with the new bluegill color I quickly had to reel it back on several occasions. Same thing chasing bass at New Orleans city park Seminole Lake and Toledo Bend.

Hey Cheese,

You don't wanna treble hook those Cracker Crunchers, but be warned, they're only a little worse than Poly......He wants a Cracker too! :lol:

BBI

:D

Hey Cheese,

You don't wanna treble hook those Cracker Crunchers, but be warned, they're only a little worse than Poly......He wants a Cracker too! :lol:

BBI

:D

Literally lmfao

I'm originally from Louisiana, spent alot of time in Georgia growing up and I have been stationed in Florida and still fish there quite a bit. I am stationed in Virginia now and don't have to worry about them here. I have never really had much a problem with gators and I fish primarily from a kayak. However, there is one place where they always give me a hard time and there are some Jurrasic Park critters there. That place is Lake Moultrie (One of the Santee Cooper Lakes) and I have a run in with an aggressive gator there pretty regularly. Here is a big female that I have had some unfriendly rendevous with......

gator.jpg

There are some monster bass there though, so I keep going back!!