Bass Pro Shops Z9 swimbaits

comescrashing

Ok OK i know theyre not a 316 or really any other trusted brand of swimbaits but give me a chance and hear me out. I am just getting started in swimbaiting and my set up cant really handle anything over 2 oz so my options were limited, that and a limited budget.

I honestly feel these baits are great entry level swimbaits. The joints are made out of a kevlar material and are very durable so far. They have something like 5 joints so it swims with a real nice wave. I feel like it preforms best at a medium retrieve, because when burning it, it will roll over.

I purchased 2 baits, the 7" model that I threw on my baitcaster and the 5" model I threw on spinning gear. Both of these baits caught me bass and my pb ones at that.

I feel for the price and performance that you cant beat these baits as an entry level hard swimbait. They are inexpensive enough that a newbie can feel a little more comfortable committing to it and the smaller size options also help in not being to intimidating.

In conclusion I really like the 7" and cant wait to get the small one out in the creeks when I move back to TN to try and whack some smallies with them as well.

I will try and post some pictures of the fish I caught earlier, and one of them is in the got em section already.

• 2 months later...

Man one thing i have learned about fishing period. when fish are hungry they will bite just about anything. wether it be $100 bait or $5 bait.Man have caught many nice size bass on bbz nothing to scream and yell about but not everybody can afford big baits and you just have to wait until time is right round up some money and see where it goes from there not everybody is as dedicated as us.I never really go to lake without somebody saying man what are you fishing how much were they and why would you fish something that expensive and big? Well cause it works lol Just have to see what fits your style equippment and go from there Good luck and hope you catch a bunch of lunkers and post them up and show us God bless and good review aleays remember this is swimbait underground not only $100 baits lol

• 3 weeks later...

I too am new to swimbait fishing and on a limited budget. I agree that the BPS Z9's are a great value. Mine have run true at all speeds and I prefer to remove the rear treble. No fish for me yet but I have not put in much time with it to be honest. a few big followers though.

• 1 month later...