LDC Warranty

IsaacM619

Hello,

So I have an LDC XH Production rod and the the tip broke off. I have sent an email to Low Down but haven't heard back. Anyone know what the warranty is like on these rods? 

Side question: Would just adding an eye where the rod broke effect the performance of the rod? It was about an inch and a half down from the top eye. Thanks guys 

post-24557-0-82192900-1445611992_thumb.jpg

Curious if I should also file a paypal dispute? If you paid for a "like new" LDC rod and it showed up broken, would you also file a paypal dispute? Rod was packed in a tube in a rod jacket with no foam, bubble wrap, nothing to hold the rod in place. So it clearly slide up and down inside the tube and that is why it broke. I'm not trying to call the guy out, just think I'm getting the bum end of this deal.

Curious if I should also file a paypal dispute? If you paid for a "like new" LDC rod and it showed up broken, would you also file a paypal dispute? Rod was packed in a tube in a rod jacket with no foam, bubble wrap, nothing to hold the rod in place. So it clearly slide up and down inside the tube and that is why it broke. I'm not trying to call the guy out, just think I'm getting the bum end of this deal.

Get in touch with the seller and see if he would make it right. I had the same scenario as you: bought rod, received rod broken in transit. Only thing protecting the rod in transit was a PVC tube and rod sock. Yes, rod sock. Contacted the seller, and he made it right with me by refunding me an agreed upon amount.

I'd get what I could from insurance, buy a $5 tip, glue that sumbitch on there, go fish and forget about it.

That's just me though.

I'd probably get in touch with the seller and tell him he sucked at packaging rods too and if he was a smartass about it, I'd post negative feedback about him until my fingers hurt.

Again, just me.

I bought a custom built rod from a guy on here, packaged pretty well, still broken tip, he built me another and fixed the broken one, I agreed to pay shipping In a tube packed tight this time...I think I was well taken care of...I'll let him chime in if he wants before name dropping