If you could only choose one color for a DEPS 250 SS

buzzjet

Probably the butch brown bass that i just casted off after snapping my rod in half. Had just taken the rod out of the box. Literally the first cast.

Jesse...no!!!! Sorry to hear about that man!! Butch brown bass gets my vote too. I have the most confidence in that color.

It looks like flash carp is getting the most love.  Obviously several of you have a lot of experience with the DEPS 250 SS.  How important do you think the color is?  

I am in south carolina where our primary food source is blue back herring.  None of the colors are close to a blue back herring.  Even the new 175 blue back herring does not look anything like an actual herring.  I am simply trying to figure out a color that would work here where I live.  Flash carp may work anywhere.  

Also, we don't have many lakes where trout are stocked.  This leads me to other colors since the majority of our bass have never seen a trout. 

It looks like flash carp is getting the most love.  Obviously several of you have a lot of experience with the DEPS 250 SS.  How important do you think the color is?  

I am in south carolina where our primary food source is blue back herring.  None of the colors are close to a blue back herring.  Even the new 175 blue back herring does not look anything like an actual herring.  I am simply trying to figure out a color that would work here where I live.  Flash carp may work anywhere.  

Also, we don't have many lakes where trout are stocked.  This leads me to other colors since the majority of our bass have never seen a trout. 

I'm in Texas and none of the lakes/reservoirs that I fish have trout in them. My Deps saiko trout gets bite pretty damn hard, I've had a lot of success with it. WIth that being said, don't trip too hard on the color of the lure. There are so many other factors that go into whether a fish is going to bite or not beyond color... water clarity, water temp, wind, vegetation/structure, barometric pressure, bla bla bla. 

I mean I've caught fish on a pink slammer..

It seems like you really want to match the hatch and in my opinion the best way for you to match a blue back herring would be to get the 250 Mullet and get it wrapped by Grady Codd. It has a silver base like a herring and he can add in some color to its back. 

Get em!