Okuma Guide Select A Series Swimbait Rod

danthefisherman

After all this time I still have yet to acquire a decent swimbait rod :-( 
What do you guys think of this one? I'm surprised that I haven't heard much hype about it considering the popularity of the previous big bait series...but maybe it's just me. Any additional feedback welcome, thanks SU!

Here's a link to Nstd's older post
http://swimbaitunderground.com/forums/index.php?/topic/26012-okuma-guide-select-a/

this rod is AWESOME. I've been fishing it since it hit the market, I have a guide select A series H, paired with 20 pound mono on my lexa 300. I throw baits from 6" hudds to bull shooters and roman made negotiators and tricks, its an excellent rod for lighter lures not over that 7" threshold (wouldn't go over 3.75 oz  on the rod unless I had to). the largest bass I've gotten so far was a 6.5 lb on the trick, handled it perfectly. this rod doubles  for live bait fishing in the flats along with swim baits when I can, the largest fish I've taken on was a 38" red drum. the rod held up flawlessly and kept a very parabolic shape when hooked up. I'll post some pictures up soon of the catches. definitely recommend it though. 

this rod is AWESOME. I've been fishing it since it hit the market, I have a guide select A series H, paired with 20 pound mono on my lexa 300. I throw baits from 6" hudds to bull shooters and roman made negotiators and tricks, its an excellent rod for lighter lures not over that 7" threshold (wouldn't go over 3.75 oz  on the rod unless I had to). the largest bass I've gotten so far was a 6.5 lb on the trick, handled it perfectly. this rod doubles  for live bait fishing in the flats along with swim baits when I can, the largest fish I've taken on was a 38" red drum. the rod held up flawlessly and kept a very parabolic shape when hooked up. I'll post some pictures up soon of the catches. definitely recommend it though. 

What's the lightest weight you think the H could still throw fairly well?

What's the lightest weight you think the H could still throw fairly well?

I would have to say I wouldn't go any lighter than 1 to 1.5 oz.. feels over powered but still definitely manageable. lightest I've gone is a floating two piece hard gill and it loads decent on casts. it does feel overpowered though.