swimbait rod and reel

riderfisher123

Do you want a low pro-file or a round reel?

A low profile reel, and for 4-8 inch baits

Still not really enough information.

Hard baits? Soft baits?

From the info provided, I would go with an Okuma Guide Select 711H and a Curado 300. Pretty good general swimbait set-up.

Hard baits? Soft baits?

From the info provided, I would go with an Okuma Guide Select 711H and a Curado 300. Pretty good general swimbait set-up.

Thanks, thats what i had in mind, and just the normal hudds osprey 316 and jerry rago soft or hard! but thanks

I have a 7'11 XH and a 7'11 H. I like the XH. I use mostly 9" slammer, 8" punker, 8" hudds (even 6" ones aren't bad on it). I like all those baits better on the XH than the H except for 6" hudd maybe. I think the 7'6 H might be a little more stout than the 7'11 H but I've never used one.

I have a 7'11 XH and a 7'11 H. I like the XH. I use mostly 9" slammer, 8" punker, 8" hudds (even 6" ones aren't bad on it). I like all those baits better on the XH than the H except for 6" hudd maybe. I think the 7'6 H might be a little more stout than the 7'11 H but I've never used one.

Would you consider like 6" bbzs and 6" Ospreys for the 7'6h?

Hard baits? Soft baits?

Perfect set up.

That 300 D/E is a beast.

Would you consider like 6" bbzs and 6" Ospreys for the 7'6h?

I've never used a 7'6H. I was just guessing that it might handle weight a little better than the 7'11 H. I just looked, the 7'6 is rated 1-5 oz while the 7'11 is rated 1-6oz. Maybe someone who has used a 7'6 H can chime in.

I have an Okuma 7'6" H. I think it's a pretty versatile rod, but I never used the 7'11" version. Compared to a 7'11" Crucial H it's faster action and stiffer. It will throw 8" Hudds but it's not my favorite for them. It's perfect for 6" Hudds, Slammers up to 9", Rising Sons, Baby Wakes, Jr's basically the sweet spot is probably from just under 2oz to somewhere in the 4oz range.

I have an Okuma 7'6" H. I think it's a pretty versatile rod, but I never used the 7'11" version. Compared to a 7'11" Crucial H it's faster action and stiffer. It will throw 8" Hudds but it's not my favorite for them. It's perfect for 6" Hudds, Slammers up to 9", Rising Sons, Baby Wakes, Jr's basically the sweet spot is probably from just under 2oz to somewhere in the 4oz range.

Yeah thats kind of what i want, but thnaks.

For a young man like yourself the 7'6" H will do fine with a 300 E or DSV, no need for you to have a big heavy rod. YET! ;)

You will be able to use all the baits your talking about. The 7'11" XH will help get the bait out there a little better and there is more flex in the 7'11" XH vs the 7'6" XH. More weight to the 7'11" XH also. Same for the H the bigger rod has more flex.

I havent used the 7'11" H, the 7'6" H I had was to light for me. I think it broke on a cast with a hudd. I had a 7'6" XH break on about a 8 lb fish on the hook set too. How ever they both had a lot of use and caught lots of fish before they went.

At that time I only used Okumas.

Hope I said all that right :lol:

Good luck with what ever you use. ;)

For a young man like yourself the 7'6" H will do fine with a 300 E or DSV, no need for you to have a big heavy rod. YET! ;)

You will be able to use all the baits your talking about. The 7'11" XH will help get the bait out there a little better and there is more flex in the 7'11" XH vs the 7'6" XH. More weight to the 7'11" XH also. Same for the H the bigger rod has more flex.

I havent used the 7'11" H, the 7'6" H I had was to light for me. I think it broke on a cast with a hudd. I had a 7'6" XH break on about a 8 lb fish on the hook set too. How ever they both had a lot of use and caught lots of fish before they went.

At that time I only used Okumas.

Hope I said all that right :lol:

Good luck with what ever you use. ;)

Thank you, and thanks for the info.