Bassathon 2015

basskillah111

The conditions make it very difficult on the vendors. They are lucky if they break even and most lose. They have no room to lower their prices to give the consumer any kind of a discounted price. The Bass a thon used to be invite only for vendors and they would hand pick the vendors who would create the biggest draws like the well know swimbait companies. Now they have a difficult time getting even the lesser known companies to show up. It used to be packed Saturday and Sunday. Now its slow on Saturday and dead on Sunday. Ten years ago they used to give away a real bass boat in the raffle. I wish Anglers would fix it (it would be easy) and make it great again.

I remember Huddleston, 3:16, Rago, 22nd, Myself, Black dog, Castaic, Osprey, and many others all being there releasing brand new product. The customers didn't know where to go to first when they opened the doors. It was awesome.

I went this morning. Thought long and hard about shelling out the bucks for the 11" pizz customs trout. Might have been the most beautiful bait in the place. Found the strength to hold off on that, tho. Got to talk with Edwin Evers for a bit. Super nice, genuine and cool guy. Also saw skeet Reese, Gary dobyns, brent erhler, Bill siemantel and Matt Newman there, just to list a few names. It was pretty cool, but yeah, I guess I thought I would see a few more big bait makers/guys there.

Any of you guys get to try or see that pizz trout in the water firsthand?

The conditions make it very difficult on the vendors. They are lucky if they break even and most lose. They have no room to lower their prices to give the consumer any kind of a discounted price. The Bass a thon used to be invite only for vendors and they would hand pick the vendors who would create the biggest draws like the well know swimbait companies. Now they have a difficult time getting even the lesser known companies to show up. It used to be packed Saturday and Sunday. Now its slow on Saturday and dead on Sunday. Ten years ago they used to give away a real bass boat in the raffle. I wish Anglers would fix it (it would be easy) and make it great again.

I remember Huddleston, 3:16, Rago, 22nd, Myself, Black dog, Castaic, Osprey, and many others all being there releasing brand new product. The customers didn't know where to go to first when they opened the doors. It was awesome.

Exactly. I remember going there with all of those same companies mentioned; literally with cash in hand running from booth to booth like a kid on Christmas. Now it just doesn't have the same draw to me that it used to, I wish that wasn't the case because it used ot be so much fun to be there and have that experience. It's a shame.

The only real draw it still has is you get to talk to people from across Cali about fishing, which I also enjoyed doing.

I miss those days of the show. There wasn't much of interest there this year.