Laces out Hinkle!

CJS2500

it is what it is at this point guys...i've been waiting on a certain bait for over a year now, and have been told multiple times that it'd ship next week...just forget about it and be happy when you get em...i know we all have plenty of baits to fish

This is the only industry I know that this is acceptable. 

Plug in any other product and you would be furious.  The maker would be embarrassed.

It reminds me of the Soup Nazi on Seinfeld, keep your mouth shut or......"no bait for you!"

This is the only industry I know that this is acceptable. 

Plug in any other product and you would be furious.  The maker would be embarrassed.

It reminds me of the Soup Nazi on Seinfeld, keep your mouth shut or......"no bait for you!"

I don't consider Andrew Hinkle, Randall at HPH, or any other one-man operation an "industry". I am sure he would refund your money if you asked.

Out of all the baits I have bought from bait makers.  I have to say the Mattlures has the best service there is.  Hands down.  Dude says he's going to do something, and he does it.  No missed promises come from Matt.  Quality baits and quality service.   

I don't consider Andrew Hinkle, Randall at HPH, or any other one-man operation an "industry". I am sure he would refund your money if you asked.

OK, let's use "craftsman" then. 

Go have a jeweler make a ring for your wife for Christmas.....tell her to forget about it and be happy when it arrives.

Look, I understand that these guys hand make the baits.  I understand they are single guy operations for the most part.  I just think a little more communication would go a long way.   In this day of electronics and email, it can't be too tough to create a short imformative email and send it to a select listing of customers who are waiting.   It would literally take minutes. 

In this day of electronics and email, it can't be too tough to create a short imformative email and send it to a select listing of customers who are waiting.   It would literally take minutes. 

Well, in fairness, he does still use an AOL.com email address so.....LOL

First off, Andrew makes a great bait (dont think anyone is arguing that.) And with these great baits he was able to get a long waiting list of everyone that had to get their hands on one. And i'm sure that list isn't getting any shorter. But maybe that itself is the problem. He knows that everyone on his list is content sitting on pins and needles waiting for their new toys and most want them so bad that the wait time doesn't deter them. Because of this unchecked business practice, he continues to keep people waiting because he knows there are folks who have this sort of attitude about it...

...just forget about it and be happy when you get em...

And I mean no offense to you Don, it just seems that you may not necessarily have the same experiences with Andrew that others on his list have had. 

Whereas you look at Matt, who is on here frequently and is constantly striving to satisfy his customers and provide them with a quality experience before and after they buy a bait. 

** this is just my opinion. I know there are extenuating circumstances with making baits. But as mentioned above, the slightest bit of effort in the communication dept would probably boost Andrew's customer satisfaction greatly. Does he have an account on SU? I'm sure he has people telling him about these threads anyways but it wouldn't hurt to get some inside information from the man himself every now and again. Being that a lot of his baits are bought by members of this site...

Hinkles have no consistency from batch to batch. I had at one time 4 of them and none of them where the same except they were all full of pin holes.

There are hundreds of baits that will catch fish just as good as a Hinkle Shad and readily available with zero wait.

I have to agree with the positive post about Matt Lures. The guy takes care of his customers and actually follows up without being shamed into a reply.

Edited by Graphite.Greg

Hinkles have no consistency from batch to batch. I had at one time 4 of them and none of them where the same except they were all full of pin holes.

There are hundreds of baits that will catch fish just as good as a Hinkle Shad and readily available with zero wait.

I have to agree with the positive post about Matt Lures. The guy takes care of his customers and actually follows up without being shamed into a reply.

I don't know too much about his shads as I only throw one of them, and it swims fine, but his Trouts are almost always on point. Might be because he wasn't pumping those out nearly to the same capacity as he has been with his shads. I have owned 7 trouts and they all ran straight and true along with the same sink rate.  I have heard that the Shads do tend to have different sink rates, some even float. 

Ordered in July. Hoped to have it by good glide season, which is Sept and Oct. Didnt happen. Hoped to have it by ice-in, which will be this week. Hasnt happened. Guess I'll cross my fingers and hope I have it by the good spring glidebait season, which is mid April - late May. We will see...

The Hinkle shad I have runs sub surface and suspends when I kill it. I can wake it as well. This bait has produced more than most of my other baits. The beauty of this bait was that it was given to me as a gift. My friend just wanted to say thanks for serving our beloved country. I will never get rid of this bait.