Tagging for CnR

ISO_the1

I've been thinking about this for a long time now, long before swimbaitting, to try and deter the CnK fisherman from harvesting the toads we spend so much time and money hunting just for a picture and self gratification. 

I've pondered safety pins, they will rust and potentially harm the fish. Making my own tags stating internal tracking implant DO NOT KEEP, and many other far fetched plans.

I found these guys last night and seems pretty cool.  Especially in a place with multiple big bass hunters, they can all report on the growth and whereabouts of the fish.  Plus it will hopefully deter the others from taking the fish home.

What do you guys think???

http://www.fishtagger.com/

For personal records I thought about using a paper hole punch and punching a small hole in the tail fin to track how many times its been caught...again just a thought.

the fish would probably love that...

Doug Hannon used a tagging system with his trophies. Not sure if it's available online but a diagram of his system is in his book Big Bass Magic. He was heavy into conservation and if i remember correctly his tags were harmless to the fish.