PB and 1st SB Fish!

M4TT

I've been on a somewhat of a dry spell lately and haven't caught anything in my last 8+ outings.. I've been trying dropshot, carolina, and everything and anything i could find. nothing worked. probably my lack of patience... 

Anyway, went to my local lake this past weekend and decided to throw on a Roboworm EX Shad Swimbait since (like always) nothing else was working.. 1st cast, HOOKUP. caught a nice 3lber. 

After a few more casts got nothing and went around to another cove where i saw a few 2-4lbers disburse after i walked up. i immediately tossed it toward where they ran off to and BOOM! Hooked up with a pig! 

8lbs-ish. The scale i have is pretty shitty (rapala, non-digital from target) but it read at a little over 8lbs. So stoked and never going back to dink fishing again! 

image1_zpsxak1vfoj.jpg

Congrats on PB. Hope she put up a good fight for you. Good looking fish.

Dude the second i hooked up, i gave it no chance of putting up a fight. Probably fought it for 15-20 seconds tops. I caught it on a carolina rig setup lol. (10b mono on a citica 7.2:1, daiwa 7ft worm rod). 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...