Winter....Lunker Punker?

finslinger

Who of you Punker aficionados can divulge Winter fishing with a Punker...I am headed North for Christmas. I will be fishing for bass....Specifically I will be going to 2 Lakes, Shasta and Whiskeytown.  

I just got a wood Punker trout and want to try it out but don't know all the uses. Is Winter a good time to throw the Punker or should I leave it home and fish something else? I did a search on fishing a Punker in the Winter but didn't come up with much. I really want to learn this bait and catch a fish on it especially a big spot. I read one guy never leaves home without his Punker. I just think the action would be good in the Winter. Am I on the right track?

Thanks....did you catch many in 42-45 degrees? Was the cadence slow? intermittent?

I am guessing the water temp will be somewhere in the mid 40's low 50s  but won't know till I get there.

I just love the movement of the Punker and I am hoping the Winter bass will too...

I know it will not be easy...but the heart of my question is has anyone of you caught fish on a Punker in the winter? I know the fish will ultimately decide, I just don't want to spend my time fishing a bait that the fish are not likely to smack. I'm willing to put in the effort but I don't know enough about the Punker especially in the winter.