Fish Finder For Pond Prowler

pinstriperpoot

I have the elite 4x on my pond prowler with the transducer on the trolling motor. Works great for temp and structure but I wish I could mark waypoints and see the routes I've taken already on my small lake. Only draw back for my model. I got mine on Craigslist for super cheap so it works for me. But if I had the cash and would have bought new in the box I would have chose the elite 4hdi. It has Gps, waypoints etc. in addition to the sonar. I'm on a small private lake so I just graph and Mark waypoints old school style with a paper map I printed out on graph paper and basically play battleship with it. Lol. Find the rock pile on a-5 and throw it out there.

Thanks man! Here's some pics of my little set up. Found this water proof shot shell Plano box at Walmart and cut a hole in it for the wires. Then got this tiny deep cell Duracell from batteries plus for 20$ and a inline fuse from autozone and I was in business. Here's some pics of how I'm set up on my prowler. Have a piece of 1/2" 2ftx3ft piece of mdf board from Home Depot with a recycled rubber welcome mat spray glued on. Then I mounter the finder to that so I didn't have to drill holes in the prowler and I tuck the Plano box under it. The board puts me up a little like a small casting deck and keeps the weather off my wiring.

post-25693-0-05828300-1451332550_thumb.png

post-25693-0-03236500-1451332561_thumb.jpeg

post-25693-0-09315300-1451332573_thumb.jpeg

post-25693-0-26207300-1451332588_thumb.png

post-25693-0-82473800-1451332662_thumb.jpeg

post-25693-0-17258200-1451332682_thumb.jpeg

Price range? I would definetely get something with Sonar, DI and GPS. Sideimaging is great imo, but the price jumps when you add that feature.

I have the Humminbird 898c and the 1198c. I love them both but I have fished with friends who have Lowrance units and they are just as good. Talk on the town is that the new Garmin units are going to be hard to beat... not sure when they are going to be released though.

If I were outfitting a prowler I would be looking at the Helix 5 DI GPS.

Thanks man! Here's some pics of my little set up. Found this water proof shot shell Plano box at Walmart and cut a hole in it for the wires. Then got this tiny deep cell Duracell from batteries plus for 20$ and a inline fuse from autozone and I was in business. Here's some pics of how I'm set up on my prowler. Have a piece of 1/2" 2ftx3ft piece of mdf board from Home Depot with a recycled rubber welcome mat spray glued on. Then I mounter the finder to that so I didn't have to drill holes in the prowler and I tuck the Plano box under it. The board puts me up a little like a small casting deck and keeps the weather off my wiring.

That thing is sweet. I really want one.

Thanks man. I like it. My lake doesn't allow gas motors. And I can't afford the kayak I want. Scored this thing off Craigslist at the end of summer from a kid for 400$ That included two Cush swivel seats. The deep cell battery for trolling motor and the 30# trolling motor. I thought it was a good deal. Made some small mods to it including the "casting deck" lol and the fish finder. I'm gonna do some rod storage on it here soon I'll post pics of. Sorry for the thread jack

What size Prowler is it - the 10' or 8'?

Nice work!

What size Prowler is it - the 10' or 8'?

Nice work!

thanks guys. it's a 8ft. Maybe I'll do a post on how it's set up soon once I get the rod storage set up. Back to this dudes topic though. I didn't mean to inadvertently jack the thread.