Line through swimbaits rolling

fishintx

Hey guys I can't seem to find a topic on this that I have been able to find at least so if this has been covered let me know thanks

Anyway what am I doing wrong on my line through baits? It seems like all but maybe 2 line through baits consistently spin/roll on the entire retrieve to where I'm not getting the paddle action from the tail or any action desired out of the bait I've tried slowing down but it hasn't seemed to help much any ideas?

My optimas a 3:16 and reflexions are the only ones that have swam true thus far I have some ragos and a few others I can't remember the names of right off the top of my head, thought I was doing or rigging something wrong so trying to figure everything out

Make sure it's rigged straight. Also, how fast are you retrieving them? I can only get the Rising Sons to roll if I burn them. If it's a bottom hook, you might try adding a nail weight in the belly.

Lastly, hold it in the water by it's head -- is the tail hanging straight or crooked? If it's crooked at all, dip it in boiling water to soften it and straighten it out.