Knowing what you know now...

JeepFisher

Thanks all for the replies and sharing your expertise!  I have been eyeing the MS Slammer but wasnt sure because I figured I was covering a similar action with the BBZ Rats.  I will look at a DEPS as well (hopefully on the blackmarket).

Thanks all for the replies and sharing your expertise!  I have been eyeing the MS Slammer but wasnt sure because I figured I was covering a similar action with the BBZ Rats.  I will look at a DEPS as well (hopefully on the blackmarket).

The action between the 9" slammer and the BBZ rat is a little different. Essentially they can and will do the same thing retrieve-wise, but when used properly - they are 2 very versatile baits. You can wake and walk the rat, but it won't crank down less than a foot/sub-surface in the water. The slammer can be waked, walked, cranked (a little further than the rat) and has a wider wobble.

I love both regardless. Order from Mike Shaw directly - I can't speak from experience, however - I got all of mine in trades.

PS - Also can't go wrong with the 7"...but (username) "Mike" may have purchased them all from the general public... :mrgreen:

Totally forgot I picked up a Sebile Magic Swimmer 165 SK a few months ago because it was on sale at Bass Pro.  Any opinions on these?  (Looks like a lot of people selling these in the black market, guess that is my answer, lol)

Edited by JeepFisher

• 1 month later...

The action between the 9" slammer and the BBZ rat is a little different. Essentially they can and will do the same thing retrieve-wise, but when used properly - they are 2 very versatile baits. You can wake and walk the rat, but it won't crank down less than a foot/sub-surface in the water. The slammer can be waked, walked, cranked (a little further than the rat) and has a wider wobble.

I love both regardless. Order from Mike Shaw directly - I can't speak from experience, however - I got all of mine in trades.

PS - Also can't go wrong with the 7"...but (username) "Mike" may have purchased them all from the general public... :mrgreen:

Y do you have to sell me out like that! lol Gerry if you decide to go with a 7" slammer just let me know ill hook you up.

Thanks guys...got the 9in slammer. Should I stick with Hudds right now (water temp muddy and 50s in MD today). Thought I saw some post about using the hard baits when the going.gets tough in the summer.

Totally forgot I picked up a Sebile Magic Swimmer 165 SK a few months ago because it was on sale at Bass Pro.  Any opinions on these?  (Looks like a lot of people selling these in the black market, guess that is my answer, lol)

I have a ACAST magic swimmer 95 (the smallest size) that I can throw on spinning gear. I'll just say that it's a very versatile bait that swims smoothly and can be made to wake the surface if you burn it fast enough. Stray vegetation and weeds can easily kill its action though. The paint on mine is also starting to flake off after moderate use and 4 or 5 fish.