Building Confidence

Island Basser

Decided last year that I'd commit more to throwing bigger baits than I had been in the past and got heavier gear to do so. I have been struggling with confidence in throwing baits bigger than 6in. Time and time again I got skunked throwing my Roman Made Trick Lipless. It got so bad that I decided I'd send my bait to Dwain Batey because I was convinced I needed a new look, a clean slate and the color scheme I was using needed an update. Well, my confidence just got a huge boost because we are still early into 2016, it's still winter and the water is pretty cold in the 40's here in VA.... but even with all these unfavorable conditions, this little guy decided he wanted to eat my freshly painted bait. I'm pretty stoked and confidence is slowly rising. Can't wait to get out there the rest of the year!post-22972-0-11570000-1456109816_thumb.jpg

Little Creek Reservoir, Toano, VA.... they have been stocking it over the years. They use to send out fishing reports and once in a while you'd see some old timer would hook into 30-40 plus inch/25-35 lbs. stripers. They even got walleye there.