Hiroshima Customs GillRilla

Fishingallday

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have an older one, I'm guessing 1st generation, it's a lot different than the current design. I'm still debating on keeping it, thing sinks sinks like a tungsten brick... so less than ideal for the shallow water column I'm mostly fishing, I just can't work it slow enough. Maybe the newer ones sink slower, great action though!

• 5 weeks later...

Been waiting a couple months, got mine last week, got it wet this weekend. Didn't get a fish on it yet, but I'm confident that's going to change very soon. It swims like a champ. In regards to the sink rate, it's flawless... Obviously made some changes since the "sinks like a tungsten brick" versions. Has a great glide, not as wide swimming as a Bullshooter, but not as tight swimming as a Shellcracker. The compact size and weighty girth to these baits lets you cast them a figurative mile, and they certainly feel as they are built to last. I can't even begin to describe the paint, "kill shot" color is not to be believed. Perfect amount of reality and bling... I could pick up the swim at fifty feet in clear water, and loved watching those green sparkles dance rhythmically left and right. I'll finish with the hooks, no need to change those out... They're sharp AF, and the quad points are going to stick lips.

I've got Deps, JSJ's, 316s, Black Dogs, and other gill and glide baits (no HPHs or Hinkles yet)... For my money, at this time... Brock Hiroshima makes the best built swimbaits around. Thanks for reading!

Try hiroshimacustoms@gmail.com

Brock mentioned yesterday that he's working right now on the Godzillas (8") and should be finished in 2-3 weeks.Next month he will be making a batch of the long-awaited Billrillas.Hope the info helps you out buddy!

man I want a Billrilla

I've been throwing mine in the past few weeks. It's my heaviest swimbait but it is a SLOW sink. Glides real nice and the paint shines. I have yet to get a bite on it compared to my BDB shellcracker and bassroid that I've thrown equally with the gillrilla. But I plan on getting another one with his next batch in gill color. 

I enjoyed this bait.  I ended up having to sell it to pay some bills, but fished it hard a couple of days.  First day, I had a good 6+lb follower charge up to it, only to have my girlfriend set the hook on a tree and scare it at the exact wrong time lol.  The bait has a nice glide, especially for how fat that little sucker is. It kind of dances back and forth.  I put my on a scale and it weighed 4oz even.  Thats for the slow sink model.  I didnt think I would like how heavy it was, but I was pleasantly surprised by its casting distance and ability.  Most gill baits cast like ish, due to there shape.  The Gillrilla casts like a rock, and really was nice when the wind picked up.  The paint is on point and probably one of the nicer features of the bait.  I really liked the quads they were supplied with.  Sticky sharp, and seemed really strong for not being a super big gauge of wire.  I do with I would have gotten a heavy floater or xss since the sink rate was just a tad too fast for my preferences on glide baits.

• 1 month later...

Hiroshima Customs will have Gillrilla "floaters" available for sale soon. They are known as Billrillas (a Gillrilla with a bill that will wake and shallow dive) However both Godzilla and Gillrilla models are currently available in slow sink and super slow sink:

8" Godzilla ($175)

Weight: 7 oz.

5" Gillrilla ($125)

Weight: 4 oz.

Edited by OkeechobeeJC