Feb 28th Clear Lake

Magic Man CP

Hey guys, just thought I'd post a lil info about my recent trip to Clear Lake. First off this is my first post sharing info about a trip out, hope it helps anyone curious about the conditions there rt now.

I recently blew another powerhead on my Yamaha 250 hpdi, and it'll be the last, I'm done with Yamaha forever. My family and I decided to make a trip to CL knowing we'd only have the electric motor and be confined to a small area throughout the day. Anyone who's familiar with CL knows it can have some of the most volatile weather around, deciding where to launch was critical. We decided to put the boat in up north, and fish tules edges and docks throughout the day, particularly keying in on staging areas. The conditions were ideal, slight overcast, 5mph breeze out of the North East, water temp around 56 degrees. As soon as we dropped the boat in the water the presence of crappie was everywhere. People on the docks fishing for them, them surfacing all around us, and the Lowrance black with them. I backed us out of the cove slightly, tied on a Hinkle shad, a known crappie imitator, and on my third cast stuck an 8.5#. Off to a good start! From there on we had consistent action all day long. The top producing baits, large glide type baits, fishing them like fleeing or wounded bait fish. Along with swims, A-rigs, bladed jigs, cranks and drop shot all produced equally. Towards the end of the day, I slammed two nice fish on my custom negotiator, an 8.10# and another somewhere around low to mid 8# range that shook the hook right at the net.

We ended up finishing with 35-40 fish between all four of us, rt around 27#/best five. All in all a decent day considering we didn't go more than 2mi/hr. at any one time.

post-24160-0-60288400-1456874626_thumb.png

post-24160-0-62564400-1456874679_thumb.png

post-24160-0-03444300-1456874737_thumb.png

Haha, that's sweet Brian,, make you a deal, come out to cali, you can tow me around for free guided trips!

I kinda messed up the other day, putting my family on good fish just in front of the ramp,, now my wife is questioning why the necessity of dropping $25k to be able to fish elsewhere... haha!