Out with the Old in with the New

Lurejerk

Got my new WCZ Big Bass Board ready for the 2016 Trophy hunt this year. Still looking for the first DD.

Going back over my notes from last year. We went from record low lake levels too pretty much flooded here the first part of the year during the peak Big Fish window. Most lakes were closed it was a mess.  Once the water cleared and stabilized fishing picked up.

Here is a Pic of the Old and New Board. I would like to do this every year "retire" a Big Bass Board

The 2015 Board is hung up in my office now and its as good as having the actual fish there to me. I've never had a Bass mounted, just pics and video. This is my Trophy Board. I may never have another season like 2015. But  have high goals to break it. There is also  a fish marker on there for one that was lost. That is to remind me of what not to do in a big fish battle!  

Never stare up at success very long set new goals and go hard to acheive them.

post-22600-0-38380300-1456965742_thumb.jpg

Edited by Lurejerk

And a side note and lesson to the guys who can "judge" fish size...there's a 1/4" dif and 3# on that board...measure your fish...weigh your fish and stop using the brain scale (thanks for the laugh nadinesmom)...and it saves so much from haters...

Again killing it Chris

30" + is the goal for that board and my board Chris. I do have a question when I lay the fish on the board the fish always wants to slide off. Does that happen to everyone, is it my boat not being level.

No Cat these boards are slick!  You just have to be quick with the camera I've learned.  I'm laughing because I know what your saying it's a circus sometimes. Even in my flat bottom boat.  

What is the story behind the lost one?  How did you manage a length only.  I bet this is a good story too.  Hopefully the other markers came after the lost fish.

:)

Lost two actually one was boderline 9-10 nothing I could have done on that one. The other was not she was a pig a big pig I just put the marker on the 25" mark. If i was not messing with the video camera trying to get it on film.........instead of netting her....there was a good shot of landing her.....Instead she jumped the third time at the boat while i was jacking around and then she was gone. It went from Hero to ZERO real fast.  Now you know