5 Pounder of the Undertaker

Craig

Not my fish but caught on a swimbait I made. Just over 5 pounds / 2.3kg on an Undertaker (Carp).

I finally got convinced to make a bait for someone here in South Africa. A few days later and I received this picture and a text saying “Two of these followed the bait. I saw them and paused. Gave it a small jerk. The swimbait turned around and looked them in the eye!! Haha then she inhaled it!! Right in front of me.â€

post-24776-0-48162000-1458587000_thumb.jpg

It's his first swimbait fish. We might just have a new adict

• 2 weeks later...

post-24160-0-86054700-1459320024_thumb.png

Well not quite the monster I had planned on displaying your bait next to... But better than nothing at all, lol! It was a pretty tough day, less than stellar conditions. Any time on Clear Lake where you can get get a sunburn and caught in a hail storm all in the same day, along with wind gusts upto 40+ mph,, you can just about bet on poor cooperation from the fish. Which is why a couple fellow guides and a tackle shop owner I know were a lil surprised I was even there in the first place. But Big Slant and I were on a mission to just get out for a lil water time, and keep the expectations low. With much anticipation, I tied on Slant's Undertaker, and as soon as it hit the water and I was able to see it swim, I knew it was a special bait! No offense to Craig, but I was actually a lil surprised and how damn well the bait was balanced and so precisely weighted, it had a very fluid like glide, and an awesome near suspension like stance at a brief pause. I'm highly critical of the baits I choose to spend my precious time using, I can already predict this is going to be a confidence bait I can rely on. Within the first few casts, a cunky lil male crushed the Undertaker, he was a 2lb fish with an 8lber attitude! Unfortunately we didn't get a lot of time to use the bait due to the intense wind,, but rest assured, it'll be getting some much deserved trigger time pretty soon, keep your eye out for this bait, it's a total sleeper waiting to do it's thing. Craig got it in the right hands, all I have to do now is introduce it to some fat green girls I know, and get Slant his new pb on it!

Thanks Craig! post-24160-0-00844900-1459321736_thumb.png