If you could only choose one - Dobys, Okuma, Daiwa

danthefisherman

I have the Fury 795 and the okuma A in XH. Both are good rods for what I use them for.

The 795 is good for baits up to about 3 ounces. I wouldn't push it much further than that. I originally got it for throwing a-rigs but I've thrown all kinds of stuff on it. It's pretty versatile in that lower weight range.

The Okuma guide select A XH is an awesome rod for the price. I don't think you can find a better true swimbait rod for the price. The XH throws baits up to the 250 with ease but is also a good rod for 8" hudds.

As a general rule, all Dobyns rods will feel lighter because they are balanced well. They're also generally overrated on their lure weight ratings. But still, they're good rods. Okuma guide select rods are a little less "polished" but they use good components and they are workhorses.

What you plan to throw with them will determine what rod you should get. Either one will serve you well.

Yes. All Dobyn's rods are covered by limited lifetime warranty. The Daiwa has a 5 year while the new Okuma is unfortunately covered for only one year.

Thanks! I'm not sure how much this matters, but does anyone know if the fury has Fuji guides? I couldn't tell from the description

Thanks! I'm not sure how much this matters, but does anyone know if the fury has Fuji guides? I couldn't tell from the description

"The Fury 795 and all of the Fury rods do not have Fuji guides. The brand name is Sea Guide. They are a high quality guide that is used on a lot of rods sold in the US. They just don’t have the name recognition like Fuji. Let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks

Richard Dobyns"

This is from Dobyn's customer service...can anyone vouch for Sea Guides? It doesn't seem like too much of a deal to me...

• 3 weeks later...

For what its worth, i'm very new to the big bait/swimbait scene but i picked up a Okuma guide select A series, heavy as my first rod. Cant really compare it to the others you listed but I  like it and land fish on it! Been mainly throwing 6" and 8" hudds and bbz rat 50

• 2 weeks later...