Choosing Wisely ??

riderfisher123

I've been fishing alot these past few weeks and can't get the fish to bite. I have a few swimbaits I'm very confident in, ones is a chartruese shad color, ones is hitch, and the other is a delta demon like color. I have confidence in all of these baits, what would be the reccomended color? Any suggestions, and the baits are all floaters.

Thanks...

Rider(:

Hey hey rider try switching to a soft bait and slowing way down fish it like it was a jig in winter..try a mission fish if you go to Mickeys site he has a clip where he shows how he fishes it..try that..also downsize a bit.

If you don't get hit on top, don't keep doing it unless dead sticking with a twitch now and then. Presenting baits over and over to much can turn them off if they are even there. So change up if you fan cast a area with no luck on top get something down or at least just under the surface. Sometimes they just don't want to break the surface too. I know you are bank fishing, so bottom crawling will worry you of losing baits so try just subsurface if you want to play it safe.

With a rising son (the large size) you can go slow and almost have it suspend because it sinks so slow. Neat bait for sure and gets bit. ;) Oh that would be the one with a bottom hook. Have not tried the small one yet either but have them coming. :D Maybe someone will tell you if they sink super slow too.

Nor have I tried the top hook yet so can't speak for it.

I would take ol JT up on the mission fish offer. Cool dude he is ;)

Do you have any 6 inch and 8 inch hudds? Or mission fish? Shoot me a pm with your address and I'll send you a few.

Very nice JT. I also have to agree with the mission fish, fish it slowly like a jig. Also guys, he was kind of asking 2 questions, one what bait to switch to, and two what color to choose out of those 3 he listed.

Speed up the retrieve or slow it down, downsize or go bigger... The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. Mix up your retrieves, bait size, and targeted depth range until you find them. Then punish them for making you wait a couple weeks. Color is the least important variable amongst bait size, retrieval rate, and where you're casting. All 3 colors you mentioned will work if you get the other variables dialed in

The norm would be bright color on blue bird days and darker in low light. However on days when a bite was on I did some testing and it seemed all colors I used got bit but the one that was natural seemed to get the bigger ones.. But that could have just been because I used it more. It's hard to test things when the bite is on ya know :lol:

Switching baits can be just a good guess. If it were that easy it would be easy, right? But if one doesn't get hit , change. Top, to bottom. Keep mixing it up if you get nothing. But again from shore is risky for losing baits on bottom. I don't know what kind of bottom your fishing but if its just muddy then your safe ;)

Speed up the retrieve or slow it down, downsize or go bigger... The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. Mix up your retrieves, bait size, and targeted depth range until you find them. Then punish them for making you wait a couple weeks. Color is the least important variable amongst bait size, retrieval rate, and where you're casting. All 3 colors you mentioned will work if you get the other variables dialed in

What he said too.. HAHA! kinda saying the same thing :lol:

What he said too.. HAHA! kinda saying the same thing :lol:

I'll give you the credit Don, as I probably learned it from you :mrgreen:

Do you have any 6 inch and 8 inch hudds? Or mission fish? Shoot me a pm with your address and I'll send you a few.

Awesome offer right there.

Yes I know :D

Everyone on here is awesome and very friendly, I just want to say thanks to everyone who has helped me out! And give a Hell Yeah to them, and everyone else!!!

Thanks, Rider.