How do you carry fishing rods with truck?

scoopdaloop

Getting rid of my 4Runner and getting a Tacoma. When I go to ranches and what not, I do not bring my boat and I just throw rods in 4Runner. Now I have a 5ft bed that can't fit my 8ft rods. Anyone know of lockable system I can buy for a roof rack? Not looking to spend more than 800ish on a setup. I have a Gobi roof rack waiting to be installed so I'm thinking something I attach to a roof rack that can be locked. Thanks for any help.

Best way to do it is to make your own. I made some for my car and truck and it's a piece of cake.

All it takes is some 6" schedule 40 PVC pipe from a local plumbing supply store, and a conduit carrying kit off amazon.

Cut the pipe to desired length, take it to a local shop that sprays bed liners and have them coat it, screw the front and rear caps in with self tappers and mount them up using the included u-bolts and brackets.  

Here's a link to the kit off amazon....

http://www.amazon.com/Reese-7054900-TransRack-Conduit-Carrier/dp/B00B2HP1A4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1461807194&sr=8-1&keywords=conduit+carrier+kit

81XAlBxlocL._SL1500_.jpg

16108_811855885524640_547987637937130489292200_538891496154415_1019538511_n.jpg?

I always put the rods inside the car/truck on the passenger side.. They fit easily..

Likewise. I either put the seats down then lie them direct center/straight through the driver and passenger seats or place them to the sides of the headrest of the passenger seat.

I took 2 lengths of some 10/2 wire I had and bent it back and forth all the way down.  Then I hung it in the headliner with some hooks.  So far it's been sturdy and I can carry rods along with people w/o fear of them getting snapped.  Rod sleeves help keep it simple as well.  

2016_04_07_14_17_56.jpg