Double Trouble In The Heat

Crazybassfisher

I had just come back from a recent California trip were it was a cool 80 degrees as the high. Come back to Az and find out that the low was 95 degrees with highs in the 110+'s. Definitely took me by surprise but I was down to fish in it. Went out and had a pretty slow morning, only a few crappy followers to show for. Once the sun got high, we decided to fish some shady walls and only resulted in one bump. The wind had picked up quite a bit so we decided to fish some sunny banks to see if there were any fish up shallow. Soon after making the switch, I crack the first one. Now the heat doesn't seem too bad with a fish in the boat and the skunk avoided. We move down the lake and keep fishing sunny banks and start pulling off nice fish left and right but they never wanted to commit. Got down to the final minutes and we are about to take pictures with the one fish and call it a day. Make one of my last casts and I am watching my bait go side to side when all of a sudden I see this lit up fish right behind it, snaking on it. Blood pumping, I glide my bait three hard times and this fish just crushes it, slam into it and connect fairly well. My buddy grabs the net and swoops it up after a quick fight. Right away I knew it was a better quality fish but on the skinnier side. We beach up the boat real quick and I grab the smaller fish from the well and we snap a few pics and let them go. My advice is to always keep casting, anything can happen on any given cast but you will never know if you don't keep casting!

post-19691-0-25091400-1465854168_thumb.jpg

Nice persistance Geoffrey, same thing happened with me this past weekend while fishing with my nephew. Not as big as your fish, but, I'll take it.  We fish about five hours & just about to the launch site & I said to my nephew, "aren't you going to cast over there...It's got bass written all over it". He put his rod down as said " I'm Done". I said O.K., took his cast, put a 5 LB 15 OZ largey into the boat. I gotta say, he did a great job with the net & taking the picture before the release.